Your business domain name is important. It is how customers will find, remember and share your company. Taking the time to aquire a unique and memorable domain name is worth the effort.
In this article we will give you tips for finding the best domain name for your business. Read on to discover the best strategies for presenting your business online so that customers will instantly recognize your brand!
You can’t build a long term future on short term thinking.
– Billy Cox
Choosing the best domain name
Choosing the best domain name doesn’t have to be a difficult process, but there are some rules that will help you to choose the right name. Here is a list of the best practices to ensure your domain is successful.
- Use the right domain name extension for your organization type. (.com, .org, .net)
- Choose a brandable domain name over a generic term.
- A short domain name is better than a long domain name.
- Make sure it is easy to type.
- Make sure it is easy to pronounce.
- Avoid using hypens and numbers.
- Use niche keywords that reflect your website.
- Think long term over short term.
- Check if it is trademarked or already in use.
- Target your Geographical area.
If you are finding it difficult to come up with a domain name for your business, you may want to try using a domain name generator. Domain name generators use your keywords to help develop a list of possible domain names. Here are our favorite domain name generators:
- DomainHole – Search keywords, find expired domains, generate new names, and more.
- Lean Domain Search – Match your keyword with other keywords and generate a list of available domains.
- Wordoid – Plug in a word; it will come up with ideas that contain that word.
We hope that these tips will get you headed in the right direction to finding the perfect domain name for your business. Once you have the right domain name in mind do not delay in registering it! Someone else may claim the domain name if you don’t.
When you are ready to register your domain name visit us at https://woocommercehost.com to set up your domain name and web hosting. We offer the lowest rates in the industry for WordPress and WooCommerce hosting.